Astepro® now available in stores
Astepro® is a first-of-its-kind, steroid-free nasal antihistamine spray that starts working in 30 minutes for fast-acting 24-hour relief.
- Starts working in 30 minutes, while other allergy sprays may take hours*
- First and only 24-hour steroid-free allergy spray
- Full prescription strength now available without a prescription
- Relief of nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing and itchy nose
- Contains 205.5 mcg of azelastine HCl per spray
- For adults and children ages 6+
- All-day, all-night, all-year round allergy relief
*Applies to first dose only.
PROVIDES UP TO 24 HOUR RELIEF FROM:
HOW TO USE
Note: To avoid a possible bitter taste, leaning forward and delaying tilting your head back is your best bet.
Step 1: Remove the blue cap and blue clip before using.
Step 2: Prime the bottle.
- Aim bottle away from face.
- Hold bottle upright between fingers and pump until a fine mist appears.
- If a fine mist does not appear after six sprays, your nozzle may be clogged. (See directions below for cleaning a clogged nozzle.)
Step 3: Blow your nose to clear your nostrils.
Step 4: Tilt your head downward toward your toes.
Step 5: Hold bottle with thumb under bottle and spray nozzle between fingers.
Step 6: Close one nostril.
Step 7: Put the spray tip about 1/4 to 1/2 inch into the other nostril. Hold bottle upright and aim the spray tip toward the back of your nose.
Step 8: While sniffing gently, press the pump once or twice (according to dosing directions found in the table below).
- Repeat steps 6, 7 and 8 into the other nostril.
Step 9: Do not tilt your head back immediately after using Astepro Allergy. This will help to keep the medicine from going into your throat, which may cause a bitter taste.
Step 10: When you finish using your Astepro Allergy, wipe the spray tip with a clean tissue or cloth. Put the clip and cap back on the bottle.
Cleaning a clogged nozzle
- Don’t try to unclog the nozzle with a pin or sharp object. That can damage it.
- Unscrew the spray pump unit from the bottle by turning it to the left (counter-clockwise).
- Keep open bottle out of reach of children.
- Fill a bowl or container with warm water. Soak only the spray pump unit in the warm water. Pump the nozzle several times while holding it under the water to clear the clog.
- Let the spray pump unit air dry before putting it back on.
- Tightly screw pump unit back on the open bottle by turning clockwise (to the right).
- After cleaning, follow the instructions for priming.
Adults and children 12 years and older
This product may be used either once or twice a day:
Children 6 years to 11 years
Children under 6 years
Do not use