HOW TO HELP MANAGE
If you suffer from year-round allergies, the common symptoms — nasal congestion, a runny or itchy nose and sneezing — are probably all too familiar. Here’s how to find relief.
When your body detects allergens (such as pollen, dust mites, pet dander or mold spores), it interprets them as a threat. In response, your immune system produces histamines, chemicals created to protect your body. The histamines work to rid your body of allergens by making you sneeze or by giving you a runny, itchy or congested nose.
So how can you effectively manage your year-round allergy symptoms? Many allergy sufferers find relief through a combination of controlling their environment, avoiding allergy triggers and alleviating their symptoms.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF YEAR-ROUND ALLERGIES
Year-round allergy symptoms are often the same as seasonal allergy symptoms, but they occur throughout the year, not just during a specific season.
SEVEN TIPS TO HELP MANAGE YEAR-ROUND ALLERGENS
While avoiding the allergens that trigger your reactions is always the best solution, it’s often easier said than done. The following tips will help you manage your allergies without disrupting your day-to-day routine.
- Pierce S. “What Causes Year-Round Allergies?” Healthline. June 2020. Accessed October 10, 2021. https://www.healthline.com/health/allergies/what-causes-year-round-allergies.
- “All About Nasal Allergies.” WebMD. April 2021. Accessed October 10, 2021. https://www.webmd.com/allergies/rhinitis.
- “Hay Fever.” The American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology. June 2020. Accessed October 10, 2021. https://acaai.org/allergies/types/hay-fever-rhinitis.
- “Your Allergies Depend on Pollen Levels.” Pollen.com. August 2015. Accessed October 10, 2021. https://www.pollen.com/allergy/pollen-count.
- Klein S. “5 Reasons Your Allergies Are Worse at Night.” Health. March 2018. Accessed October 10, 2021. https://www.health.com/condition/allergy/allergies-worse-at-night.
SUFFERING FROM YEAR-ROUND ALLERGIES?
Astepro® Allergy is a first-of-its-kind, steroid-free nasal allergy spray that starts to work in 30 minutes for fast-acting, 24-hour allergy relief. Keep some on hand year-round for when you need fast-acting relief from allergies. Pick it up at your local retailer or buy now.
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT ALLERGIES
9 ways to soothe allergy symptoms in children
Help your child feel better when allergy symptoms strike.
Do you have allergies or a sinus infection?
Learn the differences between allergy and sinus infection symptoms — and how to find relief.
How to manage the 3 most common causes of indoor allergies
Learn about the most common indoor allergens and how to keep them at bay.